From: Gregory Lampshire
Subject: ecolisp and  cygwin
I noticed that ecolisp has not had an update in a few years.  I was
wondering if it continued under another name somewhere?

I am interested in using a Lisp embedded engine for some simple work.  I
have already looked at the Scheme variants and found mzscheme to be the most
useful embedded engine if I choose to go the Scheme route.  However, when
looking for more CL oriented free implementations, ecolisp was one of only a
few choices (I need to embed across multiple platforms).

Has anyone used ecolisp much and comment on it's quality and on it's
portability to the cygwin (windows NT) environment.  I tried to do the build
but it failed and I was hoping someone had some patches or comments on why I
should look elsewhere.

-gregory
From: Robert Monfera
Subject: Re: ecolisp and  cygwin
Hi Gregory,

There hasn't been much discussion about Ecolisp for years.

You may instead consider Eclipse from Howard Stearns.
Also, other current commercial compilers (ACL, LispWorks) can generate
DLLs and COM objects.

Robert