From: Hidayet Tunc Simsek
Subject: [repl] Can't find function name.
Hi,

I'm trying to save a lisp image in CMUCL.  The cmucl manual says this is
done with ext::save-list.

I need help on an argument to this functiON:

:init-function
        This is the function that starts running when the created core
file is resumed. The default function simply invokes the top level
read-eval-print loop. If the
        function returns the lisp will exit.

I want a start-up function followed by the top level read-eval-print
loop.  How can this be done?

Thanks,
Tunc

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [repl] Can't find function name.

    Hidayet> Hi,
    Hidayet> I'm trying to save a lisp image in CMUCL.  The cmucl manual says this is
    Hidayet> done with ext::save-list.

    Hidayet> I need help on an argument to this functiON:

    Hidayet> :init-function
    Hidayet>         This is the function that starts running when the created core
    Hidayet> file is resumed. The default function simply invokes the top level
    Hidayet> read-eval-print loop. If the
    Hidayet>         function returns the lisp will exit.

    Hidayet> I want a start-up function followed by the top level read-eval-print
    Hidayet> loop.  How can this be done?

You can probably get better help asking on the ·········@cons.org or
··········@cons.org lists.

Anyway, the default top-level function is called %top-level.

Can't you get what you want by creating a .cmucl-init.lisp in your
home directory that does the start up stuff you want?

Ray
From: Hidayet Tunc Simsek
Raymond Toy wrote:

>     Hidayet> Hi,
>     Hidayet> I'm trying to save a lisp image in CMUCL.  The cmucl manual says this is
>     Hidayet> done with ext::save-list.
>
>     Hidayet> I need help on an argument to this functiON:
>
>     Hidayet> :init-function
>     Hidayet>         This is the function that starts running when the created core
>     Hidayet> file is resumed. The default function simply invokes the top level
>     Hidayet> read-eval-print loop. If the
>     Hidayet>         function returns the lisp will exit.
>
>     Hidayet> I want a start-up function followed by the top level read-eval-print
>     Hidayet> loop.  How can this be done?
>
> You can probably get better help asking on the ·········@cons.org or
> ··········@cons.org lists.
>
> Anyway, the default top-level function is called %top-level.
>
> Can't you get what you want by creating a .cmucl-init.lisp in your
> home directory that does the start up stuff you want?
>
> Ray

I suppose you could, but then you'd have to replicate code: e.g. for
MATLISP you need to
load libblas.a liblapack.a ... etc.  You've already defined a function
called LOAD-BLAS-&-LAPACK,
all I wan't is to save an image with the foreign wrappers so that when
the image loads it calls
LOAD-BLAS-&-LAPACK which inturn calls ld.