From: Jos� Miguel Fuentes
Subject: control-rules
Hi all:

I'm new in the lisp world, indeed this is not a lisp question, this is a
prodigy question but I don't know if this is the right news group.

My question is the following:

I have to solve a very easy domain about travelling between cities, so
I have created an operator for moving from one city to another. The
problem is that even if there is a direct connection between two cities,
sometimes my traveller goes from the origin to the destination through
several other cities.
To solve this problem I have created a control rule. This rule is fired, but
the bindings are not right, can anybody tell me way? My operators and
rules are the following:

(OPERATOR TRAVEL
 (params <origin> <destination> <company>)
 (preconds
  (
  (<origin> PLACE)
  (<destination> PLACE)
  (<city1> CITY)
  (<city2> CITY)
  (<traveller> MAN)
  (<media> TRAVEL-MEDIA)
  (<company> COMPANY)
  )
 (and
  (traveller-in <traveller> <origin> )
  (place-in-city <destination> <city1>)
  (place-in-city <origin> <city2>)
  (media-between <company> <city1> <city2>)
  (media-in <origin> <media>)
  (media-in <destination> <media>)
  (company-of <company> <media>)
 ))
 (effects
        ()
        ((add (traveller-in <traveller> <destination> ))
        (del (traveller-in <traveller> <origin> ))
 )
)
)

(control-rule STRAIGHT
 (IF
  (AND
   (current-goal (traveller-in <traveller> <dest>))
   (true-in-state(traveller-in <traveller> <orig>))
   (true-in-state(place-in-city <orig> <c1>))
   (true-in-state(place-in-city <dest> <c2>))
   (true-in-state(media-between  <cia> <c1> <c2>))
   (current-ops (TRAVEL))
  )
 )
 (then select bindings ((<origin>.<orig>) (<destination>.<dest>)
(<company>.<cia>)))
)

Thanks in advance.

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: control-rules
In article <············@news.inf.uc3m.es>,
Jos� Miguel Fuentes <········@pa.uc3m.es> wrote:
>I'm new in the lisp world, indeed this is not a lisp question, this is a
>prodigy question but I don't know if this is the right news group.

Are we expected to know what Prodigy is?  The only Prodigy I can think of
in the computer industry is Prodigy Internet, an ISP.

From your example it looks like Prodigy is some kind of expert system
shell, so I suggest you try comp.ai.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: Sashank Varma
<········@pa.uc3m.es> wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>I'm new in the lisp world, indeed this is not a lisp question, this is a
>prodigy question but I don't know if this is the right news group.
[snip]

since prodigy is a carnegie mellon offpsring, i'd suggest browsing
the faculty web pages of their comp sci faculty.  i think a woman
with a name along the lines of manuela veloso is the current prodigy
shepherd.

sashank