From: Paolo G. Cordone
Subject: LISP on the Mac
Hi there.

First of all sorry if this question has been asked a zillion of times. I
used to have some LISP programs for the Mac many years ago (1990-1995).
After doing a search on the net, I have realised that most of them have
been removed from the archives.

Initially I was sure to have kept copies on my (very old) floppies, but
unfortunately I cannot find them anymore :-(
I think I had something called MacLISP and XLisp (could be wrong, though).

Does anybody here know whether there is any single LISP programming
environment for the Mac left and where could I find it?

Many thanks,

Paolo

Maintainer of the Online Classical-CD Stores FAQ.
http://indigo.ie/~pamolo/faq.html

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: LISP on the Mac
In article <·················@ts06-038.dublin.indigo.ie>,
······@indigo.ie (Paolo G. Cordone) wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> First of all sorry if this question has been asked a zillion of times. I
> used to have some LISP programs for the Mac many years ago (1990-1995).
> After doing a search on the net, I have realised that most of them have
> been removed from the archives.
>
> Initially I was sure to have kept copies on my (very old) floppies, but
> unfortunately I cannot find them anymore :-(
> I think I had something called MacLISP and XLisp (could be wrong, though).
>
> Does anybody here know whether there is any single LISP programming
> environment for the Mac left and where could I find it?

http://www.digitool.com

The new versions MCL 4.3 (PPC) and MCL 3.4 (68k) have just
been released.

Rainer Joswig

Rainer Joswig, ISION Internet AG, Harburger Schlossstra�e 1,
21079 Hamburg, Germany, Tel: +49 40 77175 226
Email: ·············@ision.de , WWW: http://www.ision.de/
From: Simon Blomberg
Rainer Joswig <·············@ision.de> writes:

>In article <·················@ts06-038.dublin.indigo.ie>,
>······@indigo.ie (Paolo G. Cordone) wrote:

>> I think I had something called MacLISP and XLisp (could be wrong, though).
>>

>http://www.digitool.com

XLisp is still going strong as part of Xlisp-Stat. Try http://www.xlispstat.org
to get started.

Cheers,

Simon.

--
S. P. Blomberg                      I believe I'm a Bayesian, but as I
Dept. of Zoology and Entomology     accumulate more data, that could change.
From: Rob Myers
I've just done a minimal (command-line, no graphics) port of XLISP 3.0.4 to
MacOS. It should be available soon.

- Rob.

From: Robert Monfera
Hi Paolo,

Check out Digitool:

http://www.digitool.com

The Linux version of ACL works on MKLinux as well as LinuxPPC.  It
probably does not work on MacOS though.

http://www.franz.com

Regards
Robert