From: dave linenberg
Subject: Allegro CL & CLOS Training
Franz is offering intermediate and advanced training courses on CLOS.(
for $1495 if you register before jan 31, and $2495 if after)

Has anybody in the newsgroup taken any of these courses?

As I recently started learning Lisp and CLOS, I was wondering if anybody
would relate their experiences with these particular courses. (I am
currently in the middle of Sonya Keene's CLOS book) , and if they
thought the course was a worthwhile expenditure.

Thanks,
Dave Linenberg

From: Prasad Yalamanchi
Subject: Re: Allegro CL & CLOS Training
I have attended (not sure if it was a beginner or intermediate level)
course at Franz, year and a half ago.  It did include CLOS!!

The course was well worth the cost and time.  The instructor (I forget
the name ... from Point and Click systems) was very good.

thanks!

- Prasad

From: H Elmer
In article <·················@orillion.com>,
  Prasad Yalamanchi <·······@orillion.com> wrote:

> I have attended (not sure if it was a beginner or intermediate level)
> course at Franz, year and a half ago.  It did include CLOS!!

> > Franz is offering intermediate and advanced training courses on
CLOS.(
> > for $1495 if you register before jan 31, and $2495 if after)

Where is Franz?  I would like some basic Lisp training and am in NYC.

H (Howard) Elmer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: Joseph Dale
H Elmer wrote:

> In article <·················@orillion.com>,
>   Prasad Yalamanchi <·······@orillion.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have attended (not sure if it was a beginner or intermediate level)
> > course at Franz, year and a half ago.  It did include CLOS!!
>
> > > Franz is offering intermediate and advanced training courses on
> CLOS.(
> > > for $1495 if you register before jan 31, and $2495 if after)
> > >
> Where is Franz?  I would like some basic Lisp training and am in NYC.
>
> H (Howard) Elmer

Franz is in Berkeley, CA, but the latest classes offered are in Boston
and Washington, DC (Intermediate and Advanced CL/CLOS, respectively).
From: H Elmer
> > Where is Franz?  I would like some basic Lisp training and am in NYC.
> >
> > H (Howard) Elmer
>
> Franz is in Berkeley, CA, but the latest classes offered are in Boston
> and Washington, DC (Intermediate and Advanced CL/CLOS, respectively).

OK, thanks, do they have a web site so I can check
schedukes?  I didn't find one using a basic search.

And, how about basic Kisp, I'm thinking of a tutor?  I
have a book and some web sites so far.

From: H Elmer
Nevermid, found it  -- franz.com