From: Patrick Jarjoui
Subject: distributed object
hello everybody
        Can i use clos for distributed object
on corba or something else and another
object oriented language like java

Thanks

From: Joachim Achtzehnter
Subject: Re: distributed object
Clemens Heitzinger <········@rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> "Patrick Jarjoui" <·······@insa-rouen.fr> writes:
>
> >         Can i use clos for distributed object on corba or
> > something else and another object oriented language like java
>
> Yes.  You can buy a Corba interface from both
>
> http://www.franz.com
> and
> http://www.harlequin.com/products/st/st.html

Or get a 'free software' Common Lisp CORBA mapping from

ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html

which works with Allegro Common Lisp.

Joachim

--
·······@kraut.bc.ca      (http://www.kraut.bc.ca)
·······@mercury.bc.ca    (http://www.mercury.bc.ca)
From: Joachim Achtzehnter
Clemens Heitzinger <········@rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Joachim Achtzehnter <·······@kraut.bc.ca> writes:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html
> >
> > which works with Allegro Common Lisp.
>
> How well does it work with LispWorks?  (I saw LispWorks being
> mentioned in a comment in the source code.)

LispWorks was supported in an older version of ILU (maybe
1.8?). AFAIK, the code is still there but has not been maintained by
anybody. With some little effort you can probably get it working. Only
a small fraction (two files) of the Common Lisp mapping is specific to
a particular CL implementation, mostly to do with foreign functions.

Joachim