From: Jajwuth
Subject: postings screened?
i notice that there is a delay in postings to newsgroup. Are they prescreened
by someone. Sometimes i see replies but not my original posting.
Al

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: postings screened?
In article <·····························@nso-fa.aol.com>,
Jajwuth <·······@aol.com> wrote:
>i notice that there is a delay in postings to newsgroup. Are they prescreened
>by someone. Sometimes i see replies but not my original posting.

Some newsgroups are moderated, but not this one.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: Marco Antoniotti
·······@aol.com (Jajwuth) writes:

> i notice that there is a delay in postings to newsgroup. Are they prescreened
> by someone. Sometimes i see replies but not my original posting.

Sometimes it happens to me as well.  I guess it depends on the
configuration of your (and other) news server.  Mine is rather strict
and slow.

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa
From: Erik Naggum
* ·······@aol.com (Jajwuth)
| i notice that there is a delay in postings to newsgroup. Are they prescreened
| by someone. Sometimes i see replies but not my original posting.

  USENET news is a fickle medium.  do not expect synchronicity or perfect
  distribution, you will be seriouly disaapointed.

#:Erik