From: ············@my-deja.com
Subject: LISP or Prolog
Hello!

I wonder which language is best for AI related applications. Can you
recommend good compilers? Also please inform me about the learning
resources on the net as well as printed material...books etc.

Ashish

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Tom Breton
Subject: Re: LISP or Prolog
············@my-deja.com writes:

> Hello!
>

> I wonder which language is best for AI related applications.

So do we all.  }:)

I use both.  Lisp is more general, and has far more code base.  Prolog
is a sharp tool for a specific type of problem.

--
Tom Breton, http://world.std.com/~tob
Not using "gh" since 1997. http://world.std.com/~tob/ugh-free.html
From: Wartan Hachaturow

pandeyashish> Hello!  I wonder which language is best for AI related
pandeyashish> applications.

It depends on what kind of AI related applications you want to write.
Basically, building of an expert system in prolog sometimes faster
and easier, but harder to maintain.
If you need to use lists - Lisp, and nothing else.
And another thing which solves Lisp vs. Prolog war:
One can write Prolog on Lisp, but not the other way ;-)

pandeyashish> Can you recommend good compilers?

What system do you use?
If Linux - CMUCL would be the best. Maybe it runs on some other systems -
I don't know, there is a developer of this package here - he knows better
:-)

On Windows there is a bunch of commercial Lisp compilers - you may try
Trial version of Allegro CL from http://www.franz.com

pandeyashish> Also please inform me about the learning resources on the net
pandeyashish> as well as
pandeyashish> printed material...books etc.

You can try reading "Common Lisp: The Language", which is aviable also on the
Net... I can't remeber where... Anyway, Altavista search will give you a
clue.

--
������.

...she mades you tea, ask for your autograph...What a laugh!...