From: Jajwuth
Subject: quick guide
Is there a quick guide to programming with lisp..
Something that lists the command with a rief description.
Thanks
Al

From: ········@mail.spam.orion.org
Subject: Re: quick guide
http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html

--
I had always wanted to have my colon cleaned, but after the bad
experience with the rake, I'll try to find a professional next time.

The only thing standing between me and total happiness is reality.
--Douglas Porter
From: Janos Blazi
I think such a guide is included in the CLISP paclage if I remember
correctly and it is excellent (if I remember correctly).

Janos Blazi

·····························@nso-fj.aol.com...

   http://www.newsfeeds.com       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including  Dedicated  Binaries Servers ==-----
From: Jajwuth
In article <··········@goliath.newsfeeds.com>, "Janos Blazi"
<······@netsurf.de> writes:

>I think such a guide is included in the CLISP paclage if I remember
>correctly and it is excellent (if I remember correctly).

would there be guide on the web anywhere. i don't have the clisp package
Al
From: Richard Billington
Jajwuth wrote:

> In article <··········@goliath.newsfeeds.com>, "Janos Blazi"
> <······@netsurf.de> writes:
>
> >I think such a guide is included in the CLISP paclage if I remember
> >correctly and it is excellent (if I remember correctly).
> >

> would there be guide on the web anywhere. i don't have the clisp package
> Al

I believe this was a suggestion that you get the CLISP package.

Also - not exactly quick, but very complete and free is the Common Lisp
Hyperspce
available at http://www.harlequin.com/support/books/HyperSpec
From: Erik Naggum
* Richard Billington <··········@mindspring.com>
| Also - not exactly quick, but very complete and free is the Common Lisp
| Hyperspce available at http://www.harlequin.com/support/books/HyperSpec

  spend the necessary time to transfer the whole tarball to your own
  computer.  if it still isn't exactly quick, upgrade your computer.  :)

#:Erik
From: Janos Blazi
Yes, I thought you would download the CLISP package from the LISP home page.
As far as I know it is the only package that supports very high precision
floating point arithmetic. (All CL implemantations support rational
arithmetic with arbitrary precision). I like CLISP very much and it is
available on virtually every platform.

The book by Lamkins referred to in this thread *is* excellent but it is a
text book and not exactly a "quick guide". (I have looked at a few books for
beginners and think that the book by Lamkins is the best one. After reading
it you can read STEEL.

J.B.