From: Jonathan
Subject: Fast string to int conversion?
Hi,

What's the fastest way to convert from a string variable to a number
(integer)? Is there anything faster/better than read-from-string?

Thanks,
Jonathan

From: Russell Senior
Subject: Re: Fast string to int conversion?

Jonathan> Hi, What's the fastest way to convert from a string variable
Jonathan> to a number (integer)? Is there anything faster/better than
Jonathan> read-from-string?

Take a look at parse-integer.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
·······@aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible
From: Erann Gat

E.

From: R. Matthew Emerson
Jonathan <··@spam.com> writes:

> What's the fastest way to convert from a string variable to a number
> (integer)? Is there anything faster/better than read-from-string?

Look up PARSE-INTEGER in your favorite CL reference materials.

[Please be courteous and supply a legitimate e-mail address.  I'd much
rather have sent mail, rather than bothering the entire net with this
reply.

Future posters please take note.]

-matt