From: ······@my-deja.com
Subject: Programming jobs at Cycorp
Cycorp has immediate programming job opportunities
in Austin, Texas. We program in SubL, a Common
Lisp subset, using Franz Allegro CL on Linux as
the development environment. Cycorp has an
international reputation as a leader in Artificial
Intelligence systems. Although privately held,
Cycorp has a pre-IPO status and opportunities
exist for stock options.

Programmers are needed long-term for government AI
contracts, as well as for a number of commercial
customers not disclosed.

All programming positions involve working with the
Cyc(TM) technology -- an immense, broad,
multi-contextual knowledge base which our group
has developed over the last fifteen years. The
Cyc(TM) knowledge base, spanning fundamental human
knowledge, enables a multitude of
knowledge-intensive products and services which
will revolutionize the way in which people use and
interact with computers: semantic information
retrieval, consistency-checking of structured
information, deductive integration of
heterogeneous data bases, natural language
interfaces able to cope with realistic levels of
ambiguity/terseness/contextualization, and many
more.

Candidates should have recent lisp experience and
be well prepared to work through sample programs
during the interview.

A plus for programmers at Cycorp is the ability to
state commonsense facts in the language of first
order predicate calculus.

We feel strongly about our mission, which is to
create the world's first true AI. If you share
this mission and want to contribute in a
meaningful way, send your resume and a cover
letter to Kathleen Black at the address given
below.

Cycorp is an equal-opportunity employer.

No person shall be excluded from consideration for
recruitment, selection, appointment, training,
promotion, retention, or any other personnel
action, or be denied any benefits or participation
in any activities on the grounds of race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, handicap or
age.

Cycorp will hire only persons authorized to work
in the United States and will verify identity and
eligibility for employment, and complete form I-9
for all new employees within three (3) business
days of the date of hire.

Cycorp, Inc.
3721 Executive Center Drive, Suite 100
Austin TX 78731