From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Is there anyone working on a LispOS using the Flux OSKit?
--
sincerely Yours,

Jochen Schmidt

··············@gmx.de

From: Rob Warnock
+---------------

See:	<URL:http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/mzscheme/index.html>
	MzScheme is an implementation of the Scheme programming language
	for Windows 95/98/NT, MacOS, Unix, and BeOS.
	MzScheme is [also] available in kernel form for x86 machines,
	which allows MzScheme to boot without the aid of a separate
	operating system. The MzScheme kernel is based on the [Flux] OSKit.

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock, 41L-955		····@sgi.com
Applied Networking		http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
Silicon Graphics, Inc.		Phone: 650-933-1673
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.		PP-ASEL-IA
Mountain View, CA  94043
From: Jonathan Coupe
> | Subject: Re: Is there anyone working on a LispOS using the Flux OSKit?
> +---------------
>
> See: <URL:http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/mzscheme/index.html>
> MzScheme is an implementation of the Scheme programming language
> for Windows 95/98/NT, MacOS, Unix, and BeOS.
> MzScheme is [also] available in kernel form for x86 machines,
> which allows MzScheme to boot without the aid of a separate
> operating system. The MzScheme kernel is based on the [Flux] OSKit.
>

> -Rob
>
> -----
> Rob Warnock, 41L-955 ····@sgi.com
> Applied Networking http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
> Silicon Graphics, Inc. Phone: 650-933-1673
> 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy. PP-ASEL-IA
> Mountain View, CA  94043

We're playing around with MzScheme at the moment. It seems to be an
exceptionally well put together package. In particular the GUI library is
worth singling out (it's based on Wx) , the libraries include some very nice
extensions (hash tables, regexp, pattern matching, structures, classes,
poackages) and the documentation standard is unbelievably good. It's also
worth mentioning that there's a COM tool available called "MysterX". We've
not used the system for anything beyond sub-1000 line tools yet, but so far
it looks very good indeed.

Jonathan
From: Jochen Schmidt
Jonathan Coupe wrote:

> Rob Warnock <····@rigden.engr.sgi.com> wrote in message
> ·················@fido.engr.sgi.com...
> > Jochen Schmidt  <···········@gmx.de> wrote:
> > +---------------
> > | Subject: Re: Is there anyone working on a LispOS using the Flux OSKit?
> > +---------------
> >
> > See: <URL:http://www.cs.rice.edu/CS/PLT/packages/mzscheme/index.html>
> > MzScheme is an implementation of the Scheme programming language
> > for Windows 95/98/NT, MacOS, Unix, and BeOS.
> > MzScheme is [also] available in kernel form for x86 machines,
> > which allows MzScheme to boot without the aid of a separate
> > operating system. The MzScheme kernel is based on the [Flux] OSKit.
> >

> > -Rob
> >
> > -----
> > Rob Warnock, 41L-955 ····@sgi.com
> > Applied Networking http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/
> > Silicon Graphics, Inc. Phone: 650-933-1673
> > 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy. PP-ASEL-IA
> > Mountain View, CA  94043
>
> We're playing around with MzScheme at the moment. It seems to be an
> exceptionally well put together package. In particular the GUI library is
> worth singling out (it's based on Wx) , the libraries include some very nice
> extensions (hash tables, regexp, pattern matching, structures, classes,
> poackages) and the documentation standard is unbelievably good. It's also
> worth mentioning that there's a COM tool available called "MysterX". We've
> not used the system for anything beyond sub-1000 line tools yet, but so far
> it looks very good indeed.
>
> Jonathan

I know of the mzscheme osflux-port but I wanted to know if someone works
on a
"CommonLisp" port to Flux.
But you are right the features of mzscheme are really interesting. It
would be
a good thing if we could look a bit further at this beast to port some
things
to e.g cmucl.

BTW: Wx is the cross-gui development kit wxWindows?

--
mfG,

Jochen Schmidt

··············@gmx.de
From: Jonathan Coupe

> I know of the mzscheme osflux-port but I wanted to know if someone works
> on a
> "CommonLisp" port to Flux.
> But you are right the features of mzscheme are really interesting. It
> would be
> a good thing if we could look a bit further at this beast to port some
> things
> to e.g cmucl.

Sounds like a good idea. As a Windows developer I don't know much about
CMUCL.

> BTW: Wx is the cross-gui development kit wxWindows?

Yes. So far it's lived to its reputation - fast, safe, nice features, good
docs - much better than Allegro provide with their GUI, for instance.

Jonathan