From: David J. Cooper
Subject: Re: why Haskell hasn't replaced CL yet?
Xah wrote:

> this message is for doctor Naggum.

Then why don't you email him directly, instead of trying to
incite some kind of useless flame war on the newsgroup for
your personal amusement?

By the way your sarcastic condenscending tone in calling him
``doctor'' comes through as exactly that. If you had any
true respect for him at all you would realize that Mr.
Naggum has far more important and pressing matters to
attend to than to humor your incipid posts, and he has
answered your ``questions'' many times over in the past
several years, if you would have the common decency to
spend a few hours looking through news archives and doing
a bit of thinking for yourself before posting such vague
and inflammatory swill.

 -dave

--
David J. Cooper Jr, Chief Engineer	Genworks International
·······@genworks.com			5777 West Maple, Suite 130

From: Xah

"David J. Cooper" <·······@genworks.com> wrote
> Then why don't you email him directly, instead of trying to
> incite some kind of useless flame war on the newsgroup for
> your personal amusement?

Then why don't YOU email me directly, instead of trying to
incite a barb from me publicly?

> By the way your sarcastic condenscending tone in calling him
> ``doctor'' comes through as exactly that.

Yeah? what do you _know_ about me & Erik?

> If you had any
> true respect for him at all you would realize that Mr.
> Naggum has far more important and pressing matters to
> attend to

which includes posting prodigious off-topic condescending vagaries on this
newsgroup. agree?

> than to humor your incipid posts, and he has
> answered your ``questions'' many times over in the past
> several years, if you would have the common decency to
> spend a few hours looking through news archives and doing
> a bit of thinking for yourself before posting such vague
> and inflammatory swill.

_inSipid_ and swill? thank you, i've just re-learned the word swill. It is
in this precise manner than sometimes way off topic flame wars can benefits
all avid participants. care to flame back? By the way, as i've said in other
replies, i'm still interested in CL devotee's opinion on Haskell or Dylan.
maybe the ambience has already been spoiled. whether this came up before, or
will turn into a gigabyte rubbish flame war, is really not my
responsibility. thanks to, in part, righteous persons like you who tried to
meta-moderate in public with egoistic sincerity.

i could search newsgroup archives to formulate Erik's opinion on
Haskell/Dylan, but i'm not obliged to. in fact, in the past 2 years whenever
i had time reading c.l.l. i just search for Naggum's posts (and other
old-timers) but alas it became very tiring to scrutinize for real content in
his outrageous writings.

btw, it is thanks to Erik Naggum's daringly-public opinions, that i've
picked up the habit at least in informal writings to use all lowercase. have
YOU read his reasons for doing this? take your own advise and search
dejanews.com !

 Xah
 ···@xahlee.org
 http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html
From: Fernando
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 08:57:01 -0800, Xah <···@xahlee.org> wrote:

>> By the way your sarcastic condenscending tone in calling him
>> ``doctor'' comes through as exactly that.
>
>Yeah? what do you _know_ about me & Erik?

	Just one thing: you're now both in my kill file.

Get lost, will you?

//	Fernando Rodriguez Romero
//
//	frr at mindless dot com