From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: character Comparison
In article <·····················@news1.sshe1.sk.home.com>, "Chris H"
<···············@NOJUNKhome.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am a newbie in lisp programming ...

Make sure you have a Common Lisp reference handy.
The ANSI CL standard is available in a hypertextified
version. Another source of wisdom is CLtL2 (Common Lisp
the Language, 2nd edition) - also available as hypertext.
For more information about Lisp visit http://www.lisp.org .

> and
> I have a question on doing character comparison
> eg
>
> how do I check if  character 'a' is in word 'banada'
>
> is any thing like substring() function ?

  FIND item sequence &key :from-end :test :test-not :start
  :end :key
  [Function]
  returns the first element in the specified portion of sequence that
  matches item according to test, or nil if no element matches.

? (find #\a "BANANA" :test #'char=)
NIL

Rainer Joswig, ISION Internet AG, Harburger Schlossstra�e 1,
21079 Hamburg, Germany, Tel: +49 40 77175 226
Email: ·············@ision.de , WWW: http://www.ision.de/