From: David Bakhash
Subject: Re: why Haskell hasn't replaced CL yet?
this guy is clearly out to get Lisp people to flame him, and he's
probably laughing his ass off.

Xah <···@xahlee.org> writes:

> i was hoping someone with severe lisp paroxysm such as Doctor Naggum to
> irradiate my nescience, but i'm willing to learn from other paladins of
> lambda legacy and diehards.

He probably spent a good hour on this paragraph, hitting his thesaurus
half a dozen times.

I'd say to let this loser go.  He probably can't write code to save
his pathetic existence, and now he's somehow trying to attack a
language which he doesn't have a clue about.

I'd say, send this guy back to the C world, where he belongs.  He'll
most likely never do anything worthwhile in the Lisp community, and
probably not in the software community either.  But he'll fit in a lot
better elsewhere.

From: Robert Monfera
David Bakhash wrote:
[...]
> I'd say to let this loser go.  He probably can't write code to save
> his pathetic existence, and now he's somehow trying to attack a
> language which he doesn't have a clue about.
>
> I'd say, send this guy back to the C world, where he belongs.  He'll
> most likely never do anything worthwhile in the Lisp community, and
> probably not in the software community either.  But he'll fit in a lot
> better elsewhere.

Well said, David!  He deserves a kick in the ass as the only sensible
answer (or whatever it takes to stop him polluting c.l.l.).

Robert
From: Marc Battyani
David Bakhash <·····@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
····················@engc.bu.edu...
> this guy is clearly out to get Lisp people to flame him, and he's
> probably laughing his ass off.
>
> Xah <···@xahlee.org> writes:
>
> > i was hoping someone with severe lisp paroxysm such as Doctor Naggum to
> > irradiate my nescience, but i'm willing to learn from other paladins of
> > lambda legacy and diehards.
>
> He probably spent a good hour on this paragraph, hitting his thesaurus
> half a dozen times.

Here is a quote from his web site : "I believe that I may have a schizoid
personality disorder". No kidding!

> I'd say to let this loser go.  He probably can't write code to save
> his pathetic existence, and now he's somehow trying to attack a
> language which he doesn't have a clue about.
>
> I'd say, send this guy back to the C world, where he belongs.  He'll
> most likely never do anything worthwhile in the Lisp community, and
> probably not in the software community either.  But he'll fit in a lot
> better elsewhere.

It's even worse, the poor guy is doing perl for a living. No wander why he
look at lisp people with such jealousy.
Here is another quote from his site : "Although I hate Perl, but Perl
programing is what I do for a living now"
In fact he also doesn't like Unix, windows and a lot of things.
Some last quotes just for the fun: "Is it possible to obtain absolute
control of one's mind? ... I wanted to train myself to have such
capability... The world is meaningless... unix is the motherhood of
everything sucks... Unix has this knack at brainwashing programers.
Monstrous moronity are perceived as the norm"

OK quoting don't render the whole thing so you can look at the remaining
delirium at : http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/Personal_dir/xah.html

Cheers,

Marc Battyani
From: Fernando
On 20 Feb 2000 11:47:57 -0500, David Bakhash <·····@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:

>I'd say, send this guy back to the C world, where he belongs.

	Nope.  Take a look at his site: he's a Perl programmer (no pun
intended, of course). };-)

//	Fernando Rodriguez Romero
//
//	frr at mindless dot com
From: William Deakin
Fernando wrote:

> >I'd say, send this guy back to the C world, where he belongs.
>
> ... he's a Perl programmer (no pun intended, of course).

Just a blantant oxymoron ;)

Cheers,

:) will
From: Samuel A. Falvo II
In article <···············@engc.bu.edu>, David Bakhash wrote:
>I'd say, send this guy back to the C world, where he belongs.  He'll

HELL NO!  You think *WE* want him?!  :)

(sorry -- couldn't resist)

--
KC5TJA/6, DM13, QRP-L #1447