From: Oliver Montagu
Subject: Re: Gedcom for lisp?
Lars Marius Garshol <······@garshol.priv.no> wrote:

> * Oliver Montagu
> |
> | Any pointers to GEDCOM parser (import/export) for lisp?  Gedcom is a
> | standard data format for genealogical information.
>
> There are various tools for converting GEDCOM data into GedML (an XML
> version with the same data structure), so in the worst case you could
> use those and one of the two CL XML parser packages[1].
>
> --Lars M.
>
> [1] <URL: http://www.garshol.priv.no/download/xmltools/plat_ix.html#plat6 >

Thanks for the lead.  I cannot find any reference to Gedcom, despite a
thorough search of the sites.  Can you be more specific in your pointers
please.

From: Lars Marius Garshol
* Lars Marius Garshol

| There are various tools for converting GEDCOM data into GedML (an XML
| version with the same data structure), so in the worst case you could
| use those and one of the two CL XML parser packages[1].
|
| [1] <URL: http://www.garshol.priv.no/download/xmltools/plat_ix.html#plat6 >

* Oliver Montagu

| Thanks for the lead.  I cannot find any reference to Gedcom, despite
| a thorough search of the sites.  Can you be more specific in your
| pointers please.

[1] above gives you two XML parsers for Common Lisp, and this link
time to look up last time) gives you the home page of GedML.

However, it now turns out that this page seems to have died. I suggest
that you email the maintainer, Michael Kay, and get him to repost it.

--Lars M.