From: adam
Subject: X or UNIX or Linux LISP?
Hi kids

I compile with allegro 5 PC, but I'd much rather have a Linux X version with
similar features, as swapping over to Win9x every time I need to use LISP is
driving me mad.

So far I've been unable to find a decent and stable LISP implementation on 586
linux.

Maybe someone knows better?

Please let me know.

Ad.

From: Jon S Anthony
Subject: Re: X or UNIX or Linux LISP?
adam wrote:

> I compile with allegro 5 PC, but I'd much rather have a Linux X
> version with similar features
> So far I've been unable to find a decent and stable LISP
> implementation on 586 linux.
>
> Maybe someone knows better?

Yes, Allegro 5.0.1 for Linux.

/Jon

--
Jon Anthony
Synquiry Technologies, Ltd. Belmont, MA 02478, 617.484.3383
From: Hartmann Schaffer
> Clisp: was http://clisp.cons.org, but has moved to sourceforge - try
> http://clisp.sourceforge.net

i recently downloaded the 19999-07-22 source and tried to build it.
make failed because it couldn't finf the file arit80386.c.  apparently
some step up to makemake missed ot specifying the target machine (there
is a file arit80836.d, which is to be processed to produce arit80386.c
the install document seems not to mention these details.  does anybody
know how to force this?

tia

--

Hartmann Schaffer

It is better to fill your days with life than your life with days
From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
In article <····················@news.freeserve.co.uk>,
  adam <····@hulksmash.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I compile with allegro 5 PC, but I'd much rather have a Linux

> So far I've been unable to find a decent and stable LISP
> implementation on 586 linux.

What makes you think that ACL for Linux is unstable? Or Lispworks? Or
CMUCL?

--
  Eugene.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: Tim Bradshaw
* adam  wrote:
> Hi kids

> So far I've been unable to find a decent and stable LISP implementation o=
> n 586
> linux.

ACL runs on Linux (and is supported there too).

--tim
From: Robert Monfera
adam wrote:

> I'd much rather have a Linux X version with
> similar features

ACL should work with X.  The LispWorks GUI (CAPI) and IDE are
practically the same across platforms.

Robert