From: Jon K Hellan
Subject: Re: Common Lisp on RedHat Linux
·······@iaas.msu.ru (Ivan A. Vigasin) writes:

> Hello, All.
> Please help me with my problem.
> I have RedHat 6.0
> I've downloaded and installed cmucl-18b.linux.glibc2.tgz
> But it doesn't work!
>
> $ lisp
> lisp: error in loading shared libraries: lisp: undefined symbol: __setfpucw

This looks suspiciously like a glibc version mismatch. Probably a 2.0
binary and a 2.1 librar.

> How can I build CMUCL from sorces or may be another way of solving this problem?

Find a binary for glibc2.1 if you can. Otherwise, you might be able to
build a glibc2.0 sandbox on the glibc2.1 system. But that has to be
done just right, otherwise your system could break.

Jon K�re

From: Daniel Barlow
Jon K Hellan <······@acm.org> writes:

> ·······@iaas.msu.ru (Ivan A. Vigasin) writes:
> > How can I build CMUCL from sorces or may be another way of solving this problem?
>
> Find a binary for glibc2.1 if you can. Otherwise, you might be able to

The Debian packages are the usual place to start.  You could probably
do worse than read http://ww.telent.net/lisp/howto.html to get started.

(If you don't have web access, mail me and I'll send you a copy)

-dan