From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Character can of worms.
Hi

I would like to test whether an implementation implements the
semi-standard character names (Backspace, Page, Rubout, etc etc).

Does anybody know of a *portable* way to do so?

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa

From: Pekka P. Pirinen
Subject: Re: Character can of worms.
Marco Antoniotti <·······@parades.rm.cnr.it> writes:
> I would like to test whether an implementation implements the
> semi-standard character names (Backspace, Page, Rubout, etc etc).
>
> Does anybody know of a *portable* way to do so?

Somebody just explained how they've learned to look in the HyperSpec
when they need a new feature, because somebody probably already
thought of it.  It's a lesson to take to heart.

(NAME-CHAR "Backspace").
--
Pekka P. Pirinen
This article printed on 100% recycled electrons.
From: Marco Antoniotti
·····@harlequin.co.uk (Pekka P. Pirinen) writes:

> Marco Antoniotti <·······@parades.rm.cnr.it> writes:
> > I would like to test whether an implementation implements the
> > semi-standard character names (Backspace, Page, Rubout, etc etc).
> >
> > Does anybody know of a *portable* way to do so?
>
> Somebody just explained how they've learned to look in the HyperSpec
> when they need a new feature, because somebody probably already
> thought of it.  It's a lesson to take to heart.
>
> (NAME-CHAR "Backspace").

Of course. Thanks.