From: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll
Subject: Tests suites for CL implementations
Hi,

I have been playing with ECoLisp these days. I've been working on

+ making the C code look more like ANSI C
+ replacing the gargage collector with an external one (Boehm's one, for the
moment).
+ replacing the use of dld with dlopen and shared libraries.

Although my first concern was only memory management, my current idea is getting
something like Wade's CL shared library. The problem is that as I proceed
further I feel more and more that I need some sort of testsuite for this
program. Is there anything like that floating around? Does any of the free
implementations have one?

By the way, does anybody have an idea of how far is ECL from ANSI-CL?

Cheers
	Juanjo

--
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll		www: http://www.arrakis.es/~worm
Univ. Castilla-La Mancha        job: ········@ind-cr.uclm.es
From: Eric Marsden
Subject: Re: Tests suites for CL implementations

  jjgr> Although my first concern was only memory management, my
  jjgr> current idea is getting something like Wade's CL shared
  jjgr> library. The problem is that as I proceed further I feel more
  jjgr> and more that I need some sort of testsuite for this program.
  jjgr> Is there anything like that floating around? Does any of the
  jjgr> free implementations have one?

there is a test suite for CLISP which you can browse in CVS at

   <URL:http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/
   clisp/tests/?cvsroot=clisp>

--
Eric Marsden