From: Fernando D. Mato Mira
Subject: Moving forward
I was taking a peek yesterday at last OOPSLA's paper by Craig Chambers,
and I suddenly got worried
for the first time about CLOS stagnating.

More precisely, before I wanted generic and predicate classes. Now I
want generic classes and predicate dispatching.
This last thing seeme really like it could catch on.

Would there be a compatible generalization of DEFMETHOD lambda lists or
we need another form?

Is there any place where one could do at least part-time CLOS research
while at the same time getting well paid?
(besides the obvious two of course ;-))

Or more generally, how to go about getting RedHat (or similar) money for
Lisp projects? (I don't dream too much about VC)
[Seems several people have gone into the same mode ;)]

--
Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking

www.csem.ch      www.vrai.com     ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html
From: Andrew Cooke
Subject: Re: Moving forward
You could try putting a proposal in at cosource and seein gif you can
persuade people here to cough up, but I doubt it'll raise th ekind of
money to keep you fed and clothed.  (www.source.com).

For lists of jobs that mention Lisp work, have a look at the computists
lists (advertised in a post here the other day).

Andrew

PS Could you give a pointer to something that explains the terms you
used to describe the CLOS extensions.  Newbies like me would liek to
feed on the scraps...

In article <·················@iname.com>,
  "Fernando D. Mato Mira" <········@iname.com> wrote:
> I was taking a peek yesterday at last OOPSLA's paper by Craig
Chambers,
> and I suddenly got worried
> for the first time about CLOS stagnating.
>
> More precisely, before I wanted generic and predicate classes. Now I
> want generic classes and predicate dispatching.
> This last thing seeme really like it could catch on.
>
> Would there be a compatible generalization of DEFMETHOD lambda lists
or
> we need another form?
>
> Is there any place where one could do at least part-time CLOS research
> while at the same time getting well paid?
> (besides the obvious two of course ;-))
>
> Or more generally, how to go about getting RedHat (or similar) money
for
> Lisp projects? (I don't dream too much about VC)
> [Seems several people have gone into the same mode ;)]

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.