From: Jason Cornez
Subject: Find work using lisp
Hello,

I've been working in dot-com type software jobs for more than six
years now.  I've built application servers in C++ and Java, Java
applets, and database-backed web sites using a wide variety of tools
and technologies.  I'm a long time emacs user (11+ years) and from
that and my MIT background have a decent knowledge of lisp, although I
have no experience using it in my work.  I'm currently experimenting
with ACL on Linux at home and enjoying it.

Now, I'd like to start using lisp at my work.  In particular, I'd like
to find a new job where lisp is used and I have the opportunity to
become more of a lisp expert - at this stage I don't know lisp well
enough to bring it to where I work.  Are there some resources I can
use to help me identify jobs where lisp is used?  I've checked
www.lisp.org and also www.franz.com but have not found very much.

Ideally, I'd like to find a position in the Denver area, but I'd still
like to know how people in the lisp community find jobs where lisp is
used.

Thank you,
-Jason
From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Find work using lisp
On 15 Dec 2000 10:44:07 -0800, Jason Cornez <·······@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Now, I'd like to start using lisp at my work.  In particular, I'd like
> to find a new job where lisp is used and I have the opportunity to
> become more of a lisp expert - at this stage I don't know lisp well
> enough to bring it to where I work.  Are there some resources I can
> use to help me identify jobs where lisp is used?  I've checked
> www.lisp.org and also www.franz.com but have not found very much.

I suggest that you check the industrial applications section of the ALU
site and the customer success stories at the Franz site. From those
sources, collect a list of companies using Lisp and try contacting them (I
recently sent a few tens of new entries to the maintainer of ALU's
industrial applications section).

Good luck,

Paolo