From: Bob Bradlee
Subject: What ever happened to MuLISP ?
About a dozen years ago I purchased a copy of MuLISP for DOS from a company in
Hawaii.
Does anyone know what ever happened to that project ?

Thanks
Bob
--

* Bob Bradlee      Lord High Fixer    Technologist and Consultant *
* ···@Cave.net     Cave Network Group  Senior Partner & Sys Admin *

From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: What ever happened to MuLISP ?
Bob Bradlee <···@CAVE.NET> writes:

> About a dozen years ago I purchased a copy of MuLISP for DOS from a company in
> Hawaii.
> Does anyone know what ever happened to that project ?

Soft Warehouse.  They also did MuMath and Derive which were computer
algwebra systems (and may be the same product renamed).  I think they
got bought by TI, as Derive is now what the big TI calculators use --
they may still be independent though.  If you look at
http://www.ti.com/calc/docs.derive.htm there is info on derive, and
apparently you can still buy muLisp for DOS there.

--tim
From: Joseph Dale
Tim Bradshaw wrote:

> Bob Bradlee <···@CAVE.NET> writes:
>
> > About a dozen years ago I purchased a copy of MuLISP for DOS from a company in
> > Hawaii.
> > Does anyone know what ever happened to that project ?
> >

> Soft Warehouse.  They also did MuMath and Derive which were computer
> algwebra systems (and may be the same product renamed).  I think they
> got bought by TI, as Derive is now what the big TI calculators use --
> they may still be independent though.  If you look at
> http://www.ti.com/calc/docs.derive.htm there is info on derive, and
> apparently you can still buy muLisp for DOS there.
>
> --tim

Little typo up there, should be:

http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/derive.htm
			   ^
From: Bob Bradlee
Thanks!
I ran across my copy while looking for book.

By dos standards it had a nice built in editor/debugger.

Bob

From: Barry Margolin
In article <·················@CAVE.NET>, Bob Bradlee  <···@CAVE.NET> wrote:
>About a dozen years ago I purchased a copy of MuLISP for DOS from a company in
>Hawaii.
>Does anyone know what ever happened to that project ?

IIRC, muLisp was a tiny Lisp, useful for machines with limited amounts of
memory.  Times have changed, memory has gotten cheaper by orders of
magnitude, and the raison d'etre for myLisp no longer exists.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA
From: Tim Bradshaw
Barry Margolin <······@genuity.net> writes:

> IIRC, muLisp was a tiny Lisp, useful for machines with limited amounts of
> memory.  Times have changed, memory has gotten cheaper by orders of
> magnitude, and the raison d'etre for myLisp no longer exists.

Oh no, not at all.  It just lives in calculators now.

--tim
From: Bob Bradlee
I agreed in practice, but not in principal.
Just because computing costs are many times cheaper today
does not necessarily mean that one needs to use many times
more to accomplish the same tasks, unless you are MickeySoft
or in the business of selling new hardware :)

Bob

From: ········@hex.net
Bob> About a dozen years ago I purchased a copy of MuLISP for DOS
Bob> from a company in Hawaii.  Does anyone know what ever
Bob> happened to that project ?

See:
   <http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/faqmulispmain.htm>

They suggest that the product is available from a Yahoo Store, but
that doesn't seem to work terribly well...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@hex.net")
<http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/>