From: Patrick Jarjoui
Subject: i have a problem launching Allegro common lisp (with ide)
Hello everybody,
         i have a problem launching Allegro common lisp (with ide)
and that's what he print me on the console:

////////
Mapping allegro.dxl...lisp heap being relocated by -474152960 bytes
done.
Mapping allegroe.pll.
Allegro CL Enterprise Edition 5.0 [Windows/x86] (8/29/98 11:02)
Copyright (C) 1985-1998, Franz Inc., Berkeley, CA, USA.  All Rights
Reserved.
;; Optimization settings: safety 1, space 1, speed 1, debug 2.
;; For a complete description of all compiler switches given the
;; current optimization settings evaluate (EXPLAIN-COMPILER-SETTINGS).
Starting Event Handler for IDE ...
USER(1):
; Foreign loading riched32.dll.
Error: Received signal number 11 (Segmentation violation)
  [condition type: synchronous-operating-system-signal]

[changing package from "COMMON-LISP-USER" to "COMMON-GRAPHICS-USER"]
[Current process: IDE/Common Graphics]
[1] CG-USER(1):
////////

    Is there anybody who can help me how to resolve it, by the way i'm using
windows 2000 and allegro common lisp of franz ver 5.0

Thanks

Patrick
From: Martti Halminen
Patrick Jarjoui wrote:

> ; Foreign loading riched32.dll.
> Error: Received signal number 11 (Segmentation violation)
>   [condition type: synchronous-operating-system-signal]
>
> [changing package from "COMMON-LISP-USER" to "COMMON-GRAPHICS-USER"]
> [Current process: IDE/Common Graphics]
> [1] CG-USER(1):
> ////////
>
>     Is there anybody who can help me how to resolve it, by the way i'm using
> windows 2000 and allegro common lisp of franz ver 5.0

You might start with looking at what the system was doing when
it got the error.

Type :zoom at your [1] CG-USER(1):  prompt. Read the debugger
documents for details.

Another place to look would be your C:\Program
Files\acl50\prefs.cl, i.e. was the program finished loading it
or was there something breaking this?