From: Iban Hatchond
Subject: clx-bug ?
Hi,

I'm trying to finish a studient project : awindow manager entierly in
common lisp
This is a question about CLX (using CMU CL) :
I wanted to have clos-objects in the clx-events, so i wrote a class for
every events and then i wrote a new managing event function :

    (defun get-next-event display &key timeout peek-p discard-p

(force-output-p t)
        (process-event display :handler #'handler-function ...))

    (defun handler-function (&rest event-slots
                                            &key display event-key
                                                     send-event-p
                                                     ;;all possible
clx-key for all clx-events-slots
                                            & allow-other-keys)
        ;;then i use a macro who do the event-instance and return it)

It does work well until i receive the configure-request event. This
event has a slot call stack-mode in the documentation of clx and of the
xlib. But if you try to get this event you will see that stack-mode
isn't the good key. stack is the good key :

    if you try (event-case (display ...)
                        (:configure-request (stack-mode ...)
                            (...))
                         ( ... ))
    you will do a segmantation violation. Replace stack-mode for stack
and everything works perfectly.

But the problem is if i use the event-handler mechanism clx do himself
all the call and do the seg-fault himself.

My question is does somebody had already found this bug, and so is there
any way to correct it simply ?