From: j_wise
Subject: Newbie Questions
Where can I download  a copy of LISP. I used to program in LISP in the 70's
and would like to get back into it, and could anyone recommend any good
mailing list?
Thank
······@ameritech.net

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
> Where can I download  a copy of LISP. I used to program in LISP in the 70's

You can download a trial version of Allegro Common Lisp from
www.franz.com for either windows or linux.

If you are going for free (opensource) lisps you can get CLISP and
CMUCL (search google.com for the exact url).

If you'd like Scheme, you can get the DrScheme (or just mzscheme) from
rice's webpage (search google again).

> and would like to get back into it, and could anyone recommend any good
> mailing list?

I'm lost there..

--
J. Scott Jaderholm              ·········@sage.cortland.com
Don't be fooled by me.  Don't be fooled by the face I wear.  For I
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···················@nntp0.chicago.il.ameritech.net>,
"j_wise" <······@ameritech.net> wrote:

> Where can I download  a copy of LISP. I used to program in LISP in the 70's
> and would like to get back into it,

I think the web site of the Association of Lisp Users answers
a lot of these questions:

http://www.lisp.org/table/contents.htm

> and could anyone recommend any good
> mailing list?

Besides some of the usual Usenet noise, you can try
this newsgroup.

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de