From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: IMHO Blues
Hi,

I am having some problems with IMHO.  Here is a description of what I
did and the results I got.

I installed imho, apache and jserv (using apt, I get similiar results
when compiling) and I setup my .cmucl-init.lisp like below,

;;;;;;;;;; .cmucl-init.lisp begins;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(GC-OFF)
(load "/usr/lib/cmucl/subsystems/defsystem-library.x86f")

(defmacro installpath (host map trans)
  `(let ((path (list ,map ,trans)))
     (setf (logical-pathname-translations ,host)
           `(,path))))

; (let ((home (cdr (assoc :home *environment-list*))))
;   (installpath "systems" "**;*.*.*"
;                (concatenate 'string home "/src/**/"))
;   (installpath "efarmth" "**;*.*.*"
;                (concatenate 'string home "/code/lisp/efarmth/**/")))

(let ((home (cdr (assoc :home *environment-list*))))
  (installpath "systems" "**;*.*.*" "/home/lispbliss/lisp/imho/")
  (installpath "farmbliss" "**;*.*.*"
               (concatenate 'string home
               "/lisp/farmbliss/")))

(oos "IMHO" :compile)
;;;;;;;;;;;;;; .cmucl-init.lisp ends;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I added these things to my /etc/jserv/jserv.conf

    ApJServManual on
    ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
    ApJServMount /imho ajpv12://localhost:8007

I start cmucl and it loads imho, then I have it evaluate this

;;;;;;;;;;;;code begins;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(in-package :imho)

(defclass hello-world (html-element))

(defmethod render-html ((element hello-world) stream)
  (format stream "Hello World!"))

(imho:defapplication hello-world-app
  :base-url "hello"
  :session-class hello-world)

(imho:run-application 'hello-world-app)

;;;;;;;;;;;;code is done;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Now, that seems to work fine (aslong as I run it w/o apache and jserv
started.  If they are already running then it says it can't bind port
8007)

So now I go to the webpage http://localhost/imho/hello and I get this

Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ·········@sage.cortland.com
and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at jaderholm.com Port 80

If you know what I can do to fix this I would love to know! I really
want to get IMHO up and working so I can begin work on a web app I'd
like to write.

Thanks for your time,
jsj

--
J. Scott Jaderholm              ·········@sage.cortland.com
Don't be fooled by me.  Don't be fooled by the face I wear.  For I

From: Jochen Schmidt
Subject: Re: IMHO Blues
Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> ;;;;;;;;;;;;code begins;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> (in-package :imho)
>
> (defclass hello-world (html-element))
>
> (defmethod render-html ((element hello-world) stream)
>   (format stream "Hello World!"))
>
> (imho:defapplication hello-world-app
>   :base-url "hello"
>   :session-class hello-world)
>
> (imho:run-application 'hello-world-app)

I've not found any up to date documentation or examples but playing a
little bit
with IMHO and after reading the sources I found out that this should work:

(in-package :imho)

(defclass hello-world (html-element))

(defmethod render-html ((element hello-world) stream)
   (format stream "Hello World"))

(define-wm hello-world-wm ((element t))
  (session-instance 'hello-world))

(defapplication hello-world-app
   :base-url "hello"
   :initial-method "hello-world-wm"
   :template-root "systems:imho;"
   :script-root "systems:imho;")

(run-application 'hello-world-app)

Yours sincerely,
Jochen Schmidt
From: Russell Senior

Jochen> I've not found any up to date documentation or examples but
Jochen> playing a little bit with IMHO and after reading the sources I
Jochen> found out that this should work:

The CVS archive was recently updated with some corrected documentation
(imho/doc/tutorial.sgml), and there are some new functioning examples
also.  The doc/Makefile isn't working for non-Onshore folks though,
because of some local dependencies.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
·······@aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible
From: Craig Brozefsky
Jochen Schmidt <········@web.de> writes:

> I've not found any up to date documentation or examples but playing
> a little bit with IMHO and after reading the sources I found out

I just recently added three simple, example applications and updated
the example code in the tutorial to reflect the current state of the
system.  I have a bit more time that I previously did to work on
packaging and documentation issues, so I'm hoping to improve the
samples and docs more.

--
Craig Brozefsky               <·····@red-bean.com>
"Revolution begins by giving things and social