From: Marc Battyani
Subject: LW under FreeBSD 4.1
I'm switching from NT to FreeBSD.

Anybody tried LispWorks Linux under FreeBSD 4.1 + KDE

I installed it but when I start it I get this:
LispWorks: The Common Lisp Programming Environment Personal Edition
Error during GUI startup:
  Foreign function XM-LIBRARY::XM-DROP-SITE-MANAGER-OBJECT trying to call to
unresolved external function "xmDropSiteManagerObjectClass".

Any ideas ? am I missing a package ?

Thanks

Marc Battyani

From: Willy Heineman
Subject: Re: LW under FreeBSD 4.1
I would guess Motif or a Motif-clone like Lesstif is required. Xm usually
indicates libxm which is the library for Motif widgets.

From: Marc Battyani
"Willy Heineman" <··················@pfizer.com> wrote in message
······················@pfizer.com...
> I would guess Motif or a Motif-clone like Lesstif is required. Xm usually
> indicates libxm which is the library for Motif widgets.

I have installed the lesstif package (lesstif 0.90.0) and I have a libXm(.so
.so.1 .la)  in /usr/X11R6/lib
are the libXm version upward compatibles ?

Marc Battyani
From: Raymond Wiker
"Marc Battyani" <·············@fractalconcept.com> writes:

> "Willy Heineman" <··················@pfizer.com> wrote in message
> ······················@pfizer.com...
> > I would guess Motif or a Motif-clone like Lesstif is required. Xm usually
> > indicates libxm which is the library for Motif widgets.
>
> I have installed the lesstif package (lesstif 0.90.0) and I have a libXm(.so
> .so.1 .la)  in /usr/X11R6/lib
> are the libXm version upward compatibles ?

	From a message I posted on freebsd-emulation on Jun 19, 2000:

--
Raymond Wiker
·············@fast.no
From: Marc Battyani
"Raymond Wiker" <·············@fast.no> wrote in message
···················@raw.gren.fast.no...

>  >         Sorry I'm a bit late with this; I had some trouble installing
>  > a Motif library (required for LispWorks). I eventually succeded with
>  > the rpm command line
>  >
>  > rpm -i ~raw/openmotif-2.1.30-1_ICS.i386.rpm --dbpath
/usr/compat/linux/var/db --nodeps --ignoreos --prefix /usr/compat/linux/
>  >
>  >         I assume that there is a better way of doing this :-)
>  >
>  >         rpm is /usr/local/bin/rpm, BTW. I also had to move
>  > libXm.so.2.1 from /usr/compat/linux/lib to /usr/compat/linux/X11R6/lib
>  > (possibly not strictly necessary), and create a symlink to
>  > ./libXm.so.2.

where did you find openmotif-2.1.30-1_ICS.i386.rpm?
I tried with openmotif-2.1.30-4_MLI.tgz but now the missing symbol is
"canvusWidgetClass". Is this a motif symbol?

Marc Battyani