From: James Amundson
Subject: runtime conditionals
Here's a beginner's question:

How can I determine which runtime conditionals are defined in a given
implementation of Common Lisp? For example, in CMUCL,

Loaded subsystems:
    Python 1.0, target Intel x86 CLOS based on PCL version:  September 16
    92 PCL (f)
* (setq haveit #+CMU "yep" #-CMU "nope")

"yep"

It took me a while to determine that I should use CMU instead of CMUCL. I
immediately guessed that clisp used CLISP. How can I determine these
things without resorting to trial and error? (Yes, I looked in the CMUCL
manual.)

Thanks, Jim Amundson

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: runtime conditionals
"James Amundson" <········@fnal.gov> writes:

> Loaded subsystems:
>     Python 1.0, target Intel x86 CLOS based on PCL version:  September 16
>     92 PCL (f)
> * (setq haveit #+CMU "yep" #-CMU "nope")
>
> "yep"
>
> It took me a while to determine that I should use CMU instead of CMUCL. I
> immediately guessed that clisp used CLISP. How can I determine these
> things without resorting to trial and error? (Yes, I looked in the CMUCL
> manual.)

*features*
From: Jochen Schmidt
Take a look into the special variable *features*.
This list contains all runtime-specific "features" ;-)

#+CMU       means: evaluate the following form if CMU is in the
*features*-list
#-CMU       means: evaluate the following form if CMU is _not_ in the
*features*-list