From: Bruce O'Neel
Subject: Digitool? - makers of Mac Common Lisp
Hi,
  So, I'm all ready to buy Mac Common Lisp and I can't seem to get to
Digitool.   I tried www.digitool.com and don't get anywhere.  I poke
around with Google and I find the purchase.html file and get a phone
number of 617-441-5000 which claims, from Switzerland, to be
disconnected.  They didn't just die, did they?  If they did, does
anyone want to part with their copy?  I could really use a copy...

Thanks!

cheers

bruce

--
Reality is 80m polygons - Alvy Ray Smith
Bruce O'Neel - ·······@mindspring.com

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Digitool? - makers of Mac Common Lisp
In article <···············@obs.unige.ch>, Bruce O'Neel
<···········@obs.unige.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>   So, I'm all ready to buy Mac Common Lisp and I can't seem to get to
> Digitool.   I tried www.digitool.com and don't get anywhere.

I think this is just a temporary problem.

>  I poke
> around with Google and I find the purchase.html file and get a phone
> number of 617-441-5000 which claims, from Switzerland, to be
> disconnected.  They didn't just die, did they?  If they did, does
> anyone want to part with their copy?  I could really use a copy...

Here is a message posted by Steve Hain to the info-mcl
mailing list a few days ago (5. Aug. 2000):

  The Digitool phone line should be back up shortly. In the mean time, contact
  Jennifer (······@digitool.com) with order issues. We apologize for the
  inconvenience.

  - Steve Hain
    Digitool, Inc.

--
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
Email: ·············@corporate-world.lisp.de
From: Bruce O'Neel
Ah, excellent.  Finally up to buying and I didn't want them to
disappear!  This morning (16/8) the website works again.

thanks

cheers

bruce

From: Rainer Joswig
<···········@obs.unige.ch> wrote:

> Ah, excellent.  Finally up to buying and I didn't want them to
> disappear!

They are not going to disappear anytime soon. Especially
not before they get the port of Macintosh Common Lisp
to MacOS X out of the door and I get a copy. ;-)
Here is the latest (8. Aug 2000) info about MCL and MacOS X:

(with-quoting ("Steve Hain from Digitool")

  "MCL for Mac OS/X is currently in development and is proceeding nicely. There
  were some delays waiting for Apple to fix bugs or implement missing features,
  but things seem to be in good shape now. However, we don't have a planned
  release date just yet."

)