From: Peter E. Midford
Subject: MaiSQL and Postgresql 7.0
Hello,
      before I got through upgrading my Postgresql installation from 6.5
to 7.0,
I'm curious if the released version (0.25) of MaiSQL runs with the newer
Postgres.

Thanks,
Peter
--
Peter E. Midford
AE Biopsychologie

From: Eugene Zaikonnikov
Subject: Re: MaiSQL and Postgresql 7.0

    Peter> Hello, before I got through upgrading my Postgresql
    Peter> installation from 6.5 to 7.0, I'm curious if the released
    Peter> version (0.25) of MaiSQL runs with the newer Postgres.

It should work. At least UncommonSQL (which build atop of it) runs
with new Postgres definitely.

--
  Eugene.
From: Craig Brozefsky
Eugene Zaikonnikov <······@cit.org.by> writes:

>     Peter> Hello, before I got through upgrading my Postgresql
>     Peter> installation from 6.5 to 7.0, I'm curious if the released
>     Peter> version (0.25) of MaiSQL runs with the newer Postgres.
>
> It should work. At least UncommonSQL (which build atop of it) runs
> with new Postgres definitely.

Have you run it with 7.0?  We developed the UncommonSQL drivers
against 6.5.3 and I have never run them against 7.0.  I can't forsee
any major problems since we sit on top of their client library.

In fact, I'm willing to say that if it don't run on 7.0, I'll complete
a port for Peter and others over my upcoming vacation 8)

My hope is that in the next couple months we can get some better
documentation for USQL written, including HOWTOs for writing DB
drivers.

--
Craig Brozefsky               <·····@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb
From: Eugene Zaikonnikov

[...]

    Craig> Have you run it with 7.0?  We developed the UncommonSQL

Yep, it works with 7.0.2 under RH6.2. RPMs were taken from
postgresql.org.  I'm not doing anything fancy though: mostly calls to
update-records-from-instance and simple queries.

    Craig> drivers against 6.5.3 and I have never run them against
    Craig> 7.0.  I can't forsee any major problems since we sit on top
    Craig> of their client library.

Hmm, until you said that I didn't realized that there could be
problems :)

--
  Eugene.
From: Jochen Schmidt
Craig Brozefsky wrote:

> Have you run it with 7.0?  We developed the UncommonSQL drivers
> against 6.5.3 and I have never run them against 7.0.  I can't forsee
> any major problems since we sit on top of their client library.

I've also run usql with postgresql7 and up to now all seems ok.

You have really done a good job with this cute tool!
I think a port to one of those free ODBC libraries would be really nice.
And of course a port to AllegroCL and/or CLISP with PCL

--
Jochen Schmidt
···@dataheaven.de
From: Craig Brozefsky
Jochen Schmidt <···@dataheaven.de> writes:

> I've also run usql with postgresql7 and up to now all seems ok.
>
> You have really done a good job with this cute tool!
> I think a port to one of those free ODBC libraries would be really nice.
> And of course a port to AllegroCL and/or CLISP with PCL

John M. Miller <········@uop.com> has already done a working, but
incomplete port of USQL to LispWorks (no loop extension, just postgres
interface, and not integrated with the rest of the code base).  We
would really like to see it widely ported.  That is why we tried to
stick as close as possible to the CommonSQL package from Harlequin.