From: Robert Kolter
Subject: Lisp System for Linux and / or Windows ????
Hi!!!

Maybe this Question sounds a little bit stupid for you, but I'm
searching for a
good Lisp System for Linux (or Windows if there is none for Linux). Or
is there
one that is already delivered with Linux???

Please also reply by e-mail. Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!

From: David Bakhash
Subject: Re: Lisp System for Linux and / or Windows ????
Robert Kolter <······@student.uni-kl.de> writes:

> Maybe this Question sounds a little bit stupid for you, but I'm
> searching for a good Lisp System for Linux (or Windows if there is
> none for Linux). Or is there one that is already delivered with
> Linux???

this question has been asked and answered dozens of times.  So instead
of answering it again, I'd do a search on http://www.deja.com or
simply read up on the implementations section at:

http://www.lisp.org

also, you didn't specify whether you were searching for an open-source
version, free or commercial, etc, so hitting the lisp.org site will
help you find what you're looking for.

dave
From: Robert Kolter
From: David Richards
There is gcl - you should be able to find it with on one of the gnu sites.
Since you have linux then you have gcc for building gcl. You can also use
ilisp with emacs to give yourself a nice interface to gcl...
Dave

From: Eugene Zaikonnikov

    David> There is gcl - you should be able to find it with on one of
    David> the gnu sites.  Since you have linux then you have gcc for
    David> building gcl. You can also use ilisp with emacs to give
    David> yourself a nice interface to gcl...  Dave

There is also CMU CL - quite a decent Lisp implementation, included
with Debian distribution. It can be also obtained separately from
http://www.cons.org/cmucl/
There is no port for Windows, though.

--
  Eugene.