From: Toron Archibald
Subject: run-shell-command
I'm using the run-shell-command under Windows NT with Allegro 5.01

How can I get it to wait for the console process to finish before it
continues processing the lisp commands?

Thx
T.

From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: run-shell-command
Toron Archibald <··········@mercury.bc.ca> wrote in message
·················@NewsSIEVE.cs.bonn.edu...
| I'm using the run-shell-command under Windows NT with Allegro 5.01
|
| How can I get it to wait for the console process to finish before it
| continues processing the lisp commands?
|
| Thx
| T.

Did you try using the keyword argument :wait?
   eg (sys::run-shell-command "foo.exe" :wait t)

Coby
From: Toron Archibald
> Did you try using the keyword argument :wait?
>    eg (sys::run-shell-command "foo.exe" :wait t)
>
> Coby

The :wait key seems to work for running executables, but
it doesn't seem to work (or maybe I'm using it wrong) for
command line things.
eg (run-shell-command "cmd /c start cmd /k dir" :wait t)

Lisp returns immediately, even when the dos console is still open.

Toron
From: The Glauber
In article <············@NewsSIEVE.cs.bonn.edu>,
  "Toron Archibald" <··········@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:
> > Did you try using the keyword argument :wait?
> >    eg (sys::run-shell-command "foo.exe" :wait t)
> >
> > Coby
>
> The :wait key seems to work for running executables, but
> it doesn't seem to work (or maybe I'm using it wrong) for
> command line things.
> eg (run-shell-command "cmd /c start cmd /k dir" :wait t)
> Lisp returns immediately, even when the dos console is still open.

"start" does that (runs the command in the background).
Try "cmd /c dir"

Glauber Ribeiro
··········@my-deja.com    http://www.myvehiclehistoryreport.com
"Opinions stated are my own and not representative of Experian"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: Toron Archibald
> "start" does that (runs the command in the background).
> Try "cmd /c dir"

> Glauber Ribeiro

That's working great! :) Thanks alot!!

Toron