From: Tunc Simsek
Subject: [cllib] does it work with cmucl?
I'm trying to compile CLLIB (just got the latest snapshots from
sourceforge)

and am (aside other things) getting references to these classes:

fundamental-character-input-stream
fundamental-character-output-stream

are these defined in some other clocc file, I can't find them.

Thanks,
Tunc

From: Pierre R. Mai
Subject: Re: [cllib] does it work with cmucl?
Tunc Simsek <······@robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to compile CLLIB (just got the latest snapshots from
> sourceforge)
>
> and am (aside other things) getting references to these classes:
>
> fundamental-character-input-stream
> fundamental-character-output-stream
>
> are these defined in some other clocc file, I can't find them.

These are part of what is commonly called "gray streams".  In
implementations that have them, you shouldn't have to do anything.

In CMUCL gray streams aren't normally loaded, since the changes they
introduce make building CMUCL from source next-to-impossible.  To
get gray streams support, you'll have to compile and load the files
gray-streams-class.lisp and gray-streams.lisp (in that order) from
the CMUCL sources in src/pcl/.  Note also that loading gray streams
will not work with Peter Van Eynde's high-safety feature (the safe
core in the Debian distribution), although it will work without
problems in all other versions.

Regs, Pierre.

--
Pierre Mai <····@acm.org>         PGP and GPG keys at your nearest Keyserver
From: ···@usa.net
In article <················@robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu>,
  ······@robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu wrote:
> I'm trying to compile CLLIB (just got the latest snapshots from
> sourceforge)
>
> and am (aside other things) getting references to these classes:
>
> fundamental-character-input-stream
> fundamental-character-output-stream
>
> are these defined in some other clocc file, I can't find them.

these are Gray streams (see src/port/gray.lisp).
they might not be loaded in your CMUCL.

you might want to ask questions about clocc on clocc-list instead -
you will get a faster response.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.