From: Paul Tarvydas
Subject: Harlequin, er Xanalys, command line options
Where do I look to find the documentation for command-line options for
LispWorks?

I'm trying to get emacs' ilisp to work under NT...

thanx
pt

From: Marc Battyani
Subject: Re: Harlequin, er Xanalys, command line options
Paul Tarvydas <·········@tscontrols.com> wrote in message
······················@tscontrols.com...
> Where do I look to find the documentation for command-line options for
> LispWorks?
>
> I'm trying to get emacs' ilisp to work under NT...

Try "lispworks -tty" to start LWW in line mode. But I don't know if it's
enough to use with ILISP.

Marc Battyani
From: David Bakhash
I did exactly this (i.e. use NTEmacs on Windows NT with LispWorks).  The way
I got it all to work was to tell Harlequin (at the time, now Xanalys) that
ilisp wasn't working.  They actually sent me a patch to ilisp that made it
all work just fine.  I also sent the patch to the maintainer of ilisp,
namely Marco, and am imagining that he didn't merge the changes.

Anyway, if you can't get the patch from Xanalys, email me directly, and I'll
look for it.  But please email Xanalys first, and ask them to post the patch
on their website, if it isn't already (and, obviously, you should check
their website for the ilisp patch).

dave

From: David McClain
For the impatient, I just tried the suggestion of using command line switch
"-tty" and it almost works. In order to make it fully functional change the
tail end of file "lispworks.lisp" to the following: (changes marked by ***)

(unless (fboundp 'sys::define-top-loop-handler)

  ;; Duplicated from ccl/top-loop.lisp
  (defmacro sys::get-top-loop-handler (command-name)
    `(get ,command-name 'sys::top-loop-handler))

  (defmacro sys::define-top-loop-handler (name &body body)
    ;;(with-unique-names (top-loop-handler)   ;;;; changed to use gensym
****
    (let ((top-loop-handler (gensym)))
      `(let ((,top-loop-handler #'(lambda (sys::line) ,@body)))
  (mapc #'(lambda (name)
     (setf (get name 'sys::top-loop-handler) ,top-loop-handler))
     ;;(setf (sys::get-top-loop-handler name) ,top-loop-handler)) ;; spell
out ***
        (if (consp ',name) ',name  '(,name))))))

  )

(sys::define-top-loop-handler :ilisp-send
  (values (multiple-value-list (eval (cadr sys::line))) nil))

It now works just fine, but the CLHS needs to be the one downloaded from
Xanalysis, not the one provided by Harlequin with LWW 4.1. It turns out that
the LWW version abbreviates the names of CLHS files and the Naggum browser
is unable to locate the one it wants.

- DM

····························@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...

From: Marco Antoniotti
"David Bakhash" <·····@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> I did exactly this (i.e. use NTEmacs on Windows NT with LispWorks).  The way
> I got it all to work was to tell Harlequin (at the time, now Xanalys) that
> ilisp wasn't working.  They actually sent me a patch to ilisp that made it
> all work just fine.  I also sent the patch to the maintainer of ilisp,
> namely Marco, and am imagining that he didn't merge the changes.

That may have happened.  I remember including some of your patches
last summer.  The Lispworks/MS/W may have fallen through the cracks.

Since last summer ILISP has been changed quite a bit (although, not
much "very new" got into it).

Now that the CVS repository is in place and that I am not the only one
with 'commit' privileges, including patches should be easier.

> Anyway, if you can't get the patch from Xanalys, email me directly, and I'll
> look for it.  But please email Xanalys first, and ask them to post the patch
> on their website, if it isn't already (and, obviously, you should check
> their website for the ilisp patch).

Fair enough.

Please note that the official home page remains at

	http://ilisp.cons.org

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa