From: Niclas Lars�n
Subject: malformed function
What's wrong with this line?

    (append (car l) (cdr (cdr l)))

/Niclas

From: Michael Hudson
Subject: Re: malformed function
"Niclas Lars�n" <·············@swipnet.se> writes:

> What's wrong with this line?
>
>     (append (car l) (cdr (cdr l)))

append expects a list as it'd first parameter, so unless `l' is a list
of lists, that's you're problem.

Maybe you want (cons (car l) (cddr l))?

HTH,
M.

--
  nonono,  while we're making wild  conjectures about the behavior
  of completely  irrelevant tasks,  we must not  also make serious
From: Chuck Fry
In article <····················@nntpserver.swip.net>,
Niclas Lars�n <·············@swipnet.se> wrote:
>What's wrong with this line?
>
>    (append (car l) (cdr (cdr l)))

Think about what will happen if (car l) is not a cons.

Is this a trick question?

 -- Chuck
--
	    Chuck Fry -- Jack of all trades, master of none
 ······@chucko.com (text only please)  ········@home.com (MIME enabled)