From: Spencer D. Mindlin
Subject: Win32 Lisp Help!
I've installed the Win32 of clisp.  It doesn't seem to be working properly.
 I'm not sure if there's anything I'm supposed to be changing in the config
file.  I can't seem to understand what I'm supposed to change.  Also, many
of the keywords for lisp don't seem to be working like I expect them (unless
it's my inexperience of lisp so far).

This is the message -sigh- I'm receiving when I start clisp:

WARNING: No initialisation file specified.
Please try: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\lisp\clisp-1999-07-22\lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem

What am I doing wrong?

------
How do you 'abort' from:

10. Break >

Ctrl-D (and abort) seem to work using MacX connected to a linux box...but
here on my Win98 machine..I can't excape from the break prompt.

When I try typing abort I get an error message:
*** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value

Perhaps some type of library of package isn't being loaded properly?
Please help.

-spencer

From: Dave Pearson
Subject: Re: Win32 Lisp Help!
On 18 Apr 2000 17:28:03 -0500, Spencer D. Mindlin <········@hamilton.edu> wrote:

> This is the message -sigh- I'm receiving when I start clisp:
>
> WARNING: No initialisation file specified.
> Please try: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\lisp\clisp-1999-07-22\lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem
>
> What am I doing wrong?

How are you staring clisp? Are you following the advice in the above
warning?

> ------
> How do you 'abort' from:
>
> 10. Break >

Ctrl-Z is EOF in WinDos.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: | boxquote.el - "Boxed" text quoting.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |  sawmill.el - Sawmill mode.
From: Masoud Pirnazar
Most lisp systems have a core interpreter/compiler (written in, say, C), and
additional compiled lisp files called "the lisp image".  lisp.exe is the core
interpreter/compiler, and it needs the .mem file (the rest of lisp, including
libraries).  I made a clisp.bat file like:

c:\windows\desktop\lisp\clisp-1999-07-22\lisp.exe -M
c:\windows\desktop\lisp\clisp-1999-07-22\lispinit.mem %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

Try running it from the comand-line (dos prompt) first.  If you have further
problems, email me directly.