From: Richard James Panturis Giuly
Subject: Editing MIDI files with lisp?
Are there any lisp libraries for editing MIDI files?

thanks in advance
--ricky

From: ;; h e l m e r . . .
Subject: Re: Editing MIDI files with lisp?
> Are there any lisp libraries for editing MIDI files?

symbolic composer (scom) is a midi file generation tool in lisp, it has
extensive built in libraries, and you can add your own, is has an
analyze feature that i haven't used

ac toolbox might have what you're looking for, it's in lisp and allows
importing of midi files

there's sibelius, written in lisp, a 'smart' score sequencer

and i haven't checked out c-sound, but maybe it will work for you

--
;; h e l m e r  . . .

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: Karl Åström

> there's sibelius, written in lisp, a 'smart' score sequencer
No it's not.
From: Andrew Cooke
In article <·················@surfsouth.com>,
  Richard James Panturis Giuly <······@surfsouth.com> wrote:
> Are there any lisp libraries for editing MIDI files?

I wanted to do this a while back and was pointed to Common Music by
Fernando Mata Mira.  The URL is
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/CCRMA/Software/cm/cm.html

However, I didn't use it.  I can't remember why - possibly because it
was difficult to understand or didn't work with CLISP.  There's a fair
amount of music software in Lisp, much of it with GUIs for Macs - I
think the Common Music site has links.

In the end I simply wrote csound files - I just wanted to trigger some
samples, and csound was sufficient (if that's all you need, you might
want to look at rytmo
http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/jara/rytmo/index.html - it's
some Lisp code that generates rhythm patterns by building circuits out
of two simple components, evolving different, initially random, circuits
to generate more complex patterns).

Cheers,
Andrew
http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/index.html