From: Dave Bakhash
Subject: CLXpertise needed
hey,

I'm using CLX, and even the latest release does not implement several
WM commands that are found in Xlib, such as:

XRaiseWindow()
XLowerWindow()

it does implement XIconifyWindow().

What I really think might be the best thing is if there were a nice
add-on to manager.lisp that let you do more than iconify and withdraw
windows (and of course, with CLX it's already easy to map and unmap
windows).  But with reparenting window managers, it would be nice to
have high-level functions, like #'lower-window and #'raise-window
callable from Lisp.

dave

From: Fred Gilham
Subject: Re: CLXpertise needed
Dave Bakhash <····@annex-242.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me> writes:

> hey,
>
> I'm using CLX, and even the latest release does not implement several
> WM commands that are found in Xlib, such as:
>
> XRaiseWindow()
> XLowerWindow()

Hmn, will circulate-window-down and circulate-window-up do what you
want?

--
Fred Gilham                                      ······@csl.sri.com
I have over the years been viewed as a man of the left and a man of
From: Fred Gilham
Dave Bakhash <····@annex-242.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me> writes:

> hey,
>
> I'm using CLX, and even the latest release does not implement several
> WM commands that are found in Xlib, such as:
>
> XRaiseWindow()
> XLowerWindow()

Besides circulate-window-{up,down} there's also window-priority.

These are found on pg. 4-45,4-46 and 4-43 respectively of the CLX
manual.