From: R. Matthew Emerson
Subject: fontification in franz eli lisp mode
When I edit lisp code using the lisp mode that comes with Franz's eli,
the letters "ant" of defconstant are colored yellow, while the
"defconst" part is a light violet.

This bugs me;  how can I make this not happen?

I have emacs 20.3 and eli version 2.0.21.16 (I'm using ACL 5.0.1
trial edition for FreeBSD 3.x).

-matt

From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: fontification in franz eli lisp mode
* R Matthew Emerson wrote:
> When I edit lisp code using the lisp mode that comes with Franz's eli,
> the letters "ant" of defconstant are colored yellow, while the
> "defconst" part is a light violet.

(this might well have been better on an emacs group?)

Have a look at font-lock-keywords, my guess is something is ramming
some emacs lisp pattern which has leaked in and which is interacting
badly with the other patterns -- probably defconst is getting
highlighted as well as defconstant.

--tim
From: Christopher R. Barry
ยทยทยท@nightfly.apk.net (R. Matthew Emerson) writes:

> When I edit lisp code using the lisp mode that comes with Franz's eli,
> the letters "ant" of defconstant are colored yellow, while the
> "defconst" part is a light violet.
>
> This bugs me;  how can I make this not happen?

Disable font lock mode.

I don't seem to have this problem with my XEmacs by the way....

Christopher