From: Gromit
Subject: Reference book for LISP. (newbe)
To all...

I am starting a course in AI.  We will be learning (lisp LISP Lisp)?  What is the
best reference book while learning the language?  I am not looking for a learn
lisp in 21 days, but one that is more of a reference.

Gavin
Utah State University

--
              \\\|///
             \\ ___ //

From: Alan McLean
Subject: Re: Reference book for LISP. (newbe)
Gromit <······@cc.usu.edu> wrote:
> I am starting a course in AI.  We will be learning (lisp LISP Lisp)?  What is the
> best reference book while learning the language?  I am not looking for a learn
> lisp in 21 days, but one that is more of a reference.

The best reference available is the hyperspec,

http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/index.html

An excellent printed reference is _ANSI_Common_Lisp_ by Paul Graham,
ISBN 0-13-370875-6.

_On_Lisp_ also by Graham, ISBN 0-13-030552-9, is possibly the best
reference on macros.

-amcl
From: Howard R. Stearns
See http://www.lisp.org, in particular,