From: Kaelin Colclasure
Subject: Emacs mode for stepping through source lines?
Greetings,

Is there an emacs mode which will allow stepping through code running in
an inferior Lisp process one source line (well, form) at a time? I guess
I had always assumed the Ilisp mode shipped by Franz did this... [I think
it says a lot that, after working mostly full-time in CL for the last
month or so, I only noticed I couldn't do this yesterday. Prior to then
I'd been able to do all my debugging using the read-eval-print loop and
occasionally #'trace and :zoom.]

Oh, I do know about #'step and friends in ACL. This causes each source
form to be printed before it's executed -- what I want is for the cursor
in an emacs buffer to step to the beginning of each form before it is
executed...

-- Kaelin

From: Erik Naggum
Subject: Re: Emacs mode for stepping through source lines?
* "Kaelin Colclasure" <······@everest.com>
| Is there an emacs mode which will allow stepping through code running in
| an inferior Lisp process one source line (well, form) at a time?

  not that I know of, but what have been cool was a buffer that displayed
  what the compiler had compiled relative to the source code, and stepping
  through that, with navigation tools to synchronize the two buffers.

#:Erik
From: Eric Marsden

  kc> Is there an emacs mode which will allow stepping through code
  kc> running in an inferior Lisp process one source line (well, form)
  kc> at a time?

Not quite what you're looking for since it doesn't work with emacs,
but maybe lispdebug (a source-level debugger + stepper + profiler)
which claims to work with CMUCL, ACL, CLISP, and GCL might be useful
(disclaimer: I've never used it myself). It has a Tcl/Tk interface.

<URL:http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/lisp/lispdebug-0.8.lsm>

--
Eric Marsden
From: Marco Antoniotti
Eric Marsden <········@mail.dotcom.fr> writes:

> (disclaimer: I've never used it myself). It has a Tcl/Tk interface.

AAAAARGH!

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa