From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: ILISP 5.9 Released
This is the official announcement of the availability of version 5.9 of
ILISP, a comprehensive Inferior Lisp replacement for Emacs and XEmacs.

ILISP 5.9 has a new official home at

	http://ilisp.cons.org

You can download it from there.

can also be found in that site.

We encourage all the ILISP users to upgrade and to send feedback to
the maintainers.

This new release has been made possible especially thanks to Martin
Atzmueller, Paolo Amoroso, Martin Cracauer, Christian Lynbech and many
others, who are allowed to hold a grudge to the poster because of his
forgetfulness.

Here is the History file for ILISP 5.9.

ILISP HISTORY

Version 5.9

The major change in this release concerns the new Home for ILISP at CONS.ORG.

Fixes and enhancements since 5.8 alpha

o  Changed behavior of package definitions in buffers thanks to Martin
   Atzmueller.  Now (DEFPACKAGE "ZUT" ...) (IN-PACKAGE "ZUT") works as
   expected/desired.

o  New Menus (thanks to Martin Atzmueller).

o  Major Change for toplevel dialect: it is now called 'common-lisp'
   (it used to be 'clisp'). Note however, that for the time being, the
   name of the CLISP dialect remains 'clisp-hs'.

o  Many bug fixes to CLISP dialect.

o  The 'hyperspec' package and new 'ilisp-easy-menus' are distributed
   with ILISP.  They are not loaded by default.

o  Fixed loading of compatibility files for Emacs 20.xx.

o  Fixed compilation and loading of 'ilisp-chs'.

o  Fixed missing EXCL::FN_SYMDEF in ACL 5.0 (Larry Hunter)

o  ILD Debugger interface by J. M. Siskind has been integrated in the
   dialect definitions.  Please report any problems you may have with
   it.

o  Changed default binding for 'clisp-hs-program' form "clisp" to "clisp -I"
   to account for buffer flushing behavior of this implementation.

o  Added several Scheme dialects (thanks to Christian Lynbech).

Please check out the README files, especially in the `extra' directory
(regarding the nature of the `hyperspec.el' software and site).

Enjoy

Marco Antoniotti and the ILISP maintainers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa