From: ·@nospam.net
Subject: Which brand of Lisp?
From: Mark Carroll
Subject: Re: Which brand of Lisp?
In article <···················@news.earthlink.net>,  <·@nospam.net> wrote:
>How much do the best brands of Lisp cost?
>Not limited free versions, but the real thing
>which can deliver commercial applications.

Have a look at Harlequin and Franz' WWW sites - www.franz.com,
www.harlequin.co.uk - they're probably good ones to look at for
commercial Lisps.

Don't confuse 'expensive' with 'best' though. In some cases, the best
option is the free one! I'm not saying this is the case here, but do
try out CMU CL too.

>How would I decide which brand is best?
>Do some brands have a lot more bugs and
>missing features than others?  What other
>factors should I consider?

Tell us how you will be using it, for what, on which platforms, and
I'm sure people here will be glad to share their experiences with you.

-- Mark