From: Fernando D. Mato Mira
Subject: cons.org needs to move?
Aren't there prebuilt 18a binaries for Linux/x86 that include CLM? At
least I manage to get through sometimes into the Walnut Creek site, but
I've been trying since yesterday to get to the sources at www2 with no
luck.

Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking
Advanced Systems Engineering Division
CSEM
Jaquet-Droz 1                   email: matomira AT acm DOT org
CH-2007 Neuchatel                 tel:       +41 (32) 720-5157
Switzerland                       FAX:       +41 (32) 720-5720

www.csem.ch      www.vrai.com     ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html

From: Pierre R. Mai
Subject: Re: cons.org needs to move?
"Fernando D. Mato Mira" <········@iname.com> writes:

> Aren't there prebuilt 18a binaries for Linux/x86 that include CLM? At
> least I manage to get through sometimes into the Walnut Creek site, but
> I've been trying since yesterday to get to the sources at www2 with no
> luck.

The usual tip is to get the Debian packages for CMUCL (either the
unstable packages if you have glibc 2.1, or the stable packages if you
only have glibc 2.0) and convert them to your favourite package format
using alien.  There is also a precompiled CMUCL-CLM package, as well
as CLX, CLIO/CLUE, etc.  Bear in mind though that CMUCL-CLM is not
identical to the CLM that is the base of GINA...

Regs, Pierre.

--
Pierre Mai <····@acm.org>         PGP and GPG keys at your nearest Keyserver
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: CONS.ORG? [Re: cons.org needs to move?]
Hello

does anybody has news about the status of CONS.ORG?  I do have
problems connecting as well.

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:59:45 +0200, "Fernando D. Mato Mira"
<········@iname.com> wrote:

> Aren't there prebuilt 18a binaries for Linux/x86 that include CLM? At
> least I manage to get through sometimes into the Walnut Creek site, but
> I've been trying since yesterday to get to the sources at www2 with no
> luck.

Maybe this depends on the recent cons.org problems. Here is a recent
message posted to a CMUCL mailing list by Martin Cracauer:

To: ·········@cons.org
Subject: cons.org situation
From: Martin Cracauer <········@cons.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:13:12 +0200

Folks,

seagull/cvs2 has been down for a few days. I switched the maillists
back to the German machine.

Jordan is at the FreeBSD conference and may not look after the machine
until next week, but other folks at the site said the harddisk is
broken. The serial console that was promised was never sett up :-(

Well, I will think over the machine situation after I work around
seagull. You'll hear from me.

Please point people to ftp2.cons.org:/pub/languages/lisp, where the
last state of the ftp-area from seagull is still present. If somebody
with a fast link could mirror the whole think, it would be great.

Sorry for the delays.

Martin

Paolo