From: Ahrimanes Belial
Subject: ATT: Getting started in LISP, need help
Hey everyone,

Due to the advice of a few friends, I've decided to learn the lisp
programming language. I've read a little about it online, but one
thing I cannot find is a GUI version of it, or soemthing along those
lines. I am a total newbie to this language so bear with me as I'm not
sure exactly how to phrase what I want to say :) I'm running NT4
Workstation. I'm not sure how a typical lisp programming environment
is set up, but I'm perfectly able to work in dos or in GUI mode. Can
anyone point me to a place to download a 'programming environment' and
compiler for this?

again, please excuse my ignorance and lack of proper terminology.

Thanks
Dave Nard

From: Christopher R. Barry
Subject: Re: ATT: Getting started in LISP, need help
Ahrimanes Belial <···········@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm running NT4 Workstation. I'm not sure how a typical lisp
> programming environment is set up, but I'm perfectly able to work in
> dos or in GUI mode. Can anyone point me to a place to download a
> 'programming environment' and compiler for this?

Download these:

http://www.franz.com
http://www.harlequin.com

You could also see if you care for:

http://www.corman.net
http://clisp.cons.org

Christopher
From: Lars Marius Garshol
* Ahrimanes Belial

| Can anyone point me to a place to download a 'programming
| environment' and compiler for this?

The right place to go is:

--Lars M.
From: Aran Clauson
I like Allegro CL from Franz (www.franz.com).

--
--Aran Clauson

Flying is the second most exciting thing in life;
landing is the first.