From: Lennart Staflin
Subject: Announcing CLORB a Common Lisp implementation of CORBA
There has been a lot discussions of CORBA here lately. It seems a good
time to make a first very alpha release of CLORB the Common Lisp
Object Request Broker. CLORB is an implementation of CORBA 2,
including support of IIOP, DII, DSI and POA.

It does not yet support static stubs or even some of the basic types
(float, fixed). But it is complete enough to make calls to a Naming
Service implementation or to implement a Naming Service.

Dowmload from <URL:http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/corba/>

--
Lennart Staflin  <·····@lysator.liu.se>

From: Raymond Wiker
Lennart Staflin <·····@lysator.liu.se> writes:

> There has been a lot discussions of CORBA here lately. It seems a good
> time to make a first very alpha release of CLORB the Common Lisp
> Object Request Broker. CLORB is an implementation of CORBA 2,
> including support of IIOP, DII, DSI and POA.
>
> It does not yet support static stubs or even some of the basic types
> (float, fixed). But it is complete enough to make calls to a Naming
> Service implementation or to implement a Naming Service.
>
> Dowmload from <URL:http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/corba/>

        Wow... great! This is good news for both the CORBA community
(which needs a less painful way of using CORBA) and the LISP community
(which needs a less expensive way of using CORBA from LISP :-)[1]

Footnotes:
[1]  Yes, I know about the ORB offerings from Franz and Harlequin, but
they are too expensive for "dabblers" and "private" projects. There is
also the ILU binding, but that's ACL only.

--
Raymond Wiker, Orion Systems AS
+47 370 61150
From: David Hanley
This is a very good thing!  Integrating lisp with other technologies
is critical for the survival of lisp, IMHO.

dave