From: Robert Ryan
Subject: LISP Training
Hi:  Where's a good place to get training in LISP.  Junior College around
here, Joliet IL, doesn't have anything.

Thanks
RR
From: Howard R. Stearns
Subject: Re: LISP Training
Robert Ryan wrote:

> Hi:  Where's a good place to get training in LISP.  Junior College around
> here, Joliet IL, doesn't have anything.
>
> Thanks
> RR

Try http://www.elwood.com/alu/table/learn.htm to start.

If you feel you must have a course with an instructor, and want a sort
of "vocational" training in a particular dialect, as opposed to learning
Lisp or Scheme as part of learning computer science, then consider:

+ The various other Lisp communities have their own set of teaching
resources.  Start with
http://www.elwood.com/alu/table/related-langues.htm and fan out from
there.

+ For example, I would guess that the numerous AutoCad VAR's and
consulting shops offer training in AutoLisp.  I know that some "PC
training" companies that have classes in Word, Photoshop, etc., also
sometimes have classes in AutoLisp.