From: Xun Chen
Subject: Emacs Lisp: How to start?
Is there any one using Emacs Lisp? Can you tell me how to interpretably run
a Lisp line, e.g., (+ 1 2)?

Xun

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp: How to start?
"Xun Chen" <········@nokia.com> writes:

> Is there any one using Emacs Lisp? Can you tell me how to
> interpretably run a Lisp line, e.g., (+ 1 2)?

In a buffer in lisp-interaction-mode (such as the *scratch* buffer
that you get by default), type the expression and press line-feed
(C-j).

Alternatively, use M-:
From: Jonathan
Xun Chen <········@nokia.com> wrote in message
·····················@news2.nokia.com...
> Is there any one using Emacs Lisp? Can you tell me how to interpretably
run
> a Lisp line, e.g., (+ 1 2)?
>
> Xun

O'Reilly's Emacs book has what looks like quite a nice section on Emacs
Lisp.

Jonathan Coupe
From: Name Withheld
The Free Software Foundation publishes "Programming in Emacs Lisp - An
Introduction", by Robert Chassell.  It's rather basic, but explains
things very clearly.  I got my copy from Borders, but you can get it
for free online at
http://www.fsf.org/manual/emacs-lisp-intro/emacs-lisp-intro.html

From: Christopher R. Barry
"Xun Chen" <········@nokia.com> writes:

> Is there any one using Emacs Lisp? Can you tell me how to interpretably run
> a Lisp line, e.g., (+ 1 2)?

Go to the *scratch* buffer and you can send forms with C-j. Also try
C-M-x.

Christopher
From: ···@cc.gatech.edu
······@2xtreme.net (Christopher R. Barry) writes:

> "Xun Chen" <········@nokia.com> writes:
>
> > Is there any one using Emacs Lisp? Can you tell me how to interpretably run
> > a Lisp line, e.g., (+ 1 2)?
>
> Go to the *scratch* buffer and you can send forms with C-j. Also try
> C-M-x.

C-x C-e is also pretty cool, which works in most any mode.

Lex
From: Deepak Goel
M-x ielm seems to bring up an interactive window (just like your lisp
environment)...

--Deepak
Don't trust me, i am a newbie..

On 12 Oct 1999 ···@cc.gatech.edu wrote: