From: Deepak Goel
Subject: how to get lisp to autoload a file?
hi

(i use allegro commmon lisp on a solaris sun unix station)

i was wondering if there's a file (just like .emacs for emacs) which lisp
automatically loads. I could then configure such a file to my define my
"desired functions" etc..

Thanks

--Deepak

From: Dobes Vandermeer
Subject: Re: how to get lisp to autoload a file?
Deepak Goel wrote:

> hi
>
> (i use allegro commmon lisp on a solaris sun unix station)
>
> i was wondering if there's a file (just like .emacs for emacs) which lisp
> automatically loads. I could then configure such a file to my define my
> "desired functions" etc..

Im not totally sure about ACL for UNIX, but in the Windows version you
can put a compiled file into your "patches" directory and it will be
automatically loaded.  If there is a "patches" directory with your
Allegro, it likely behaves similarly.

CU
Dobes
From: Deepak Goel
But I am just a very very ordinary user with no root permissions to do
such a thing...!

Thanks anyway..

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Dobes Vandermeer wrote:

]Deepak Goel wrote:
]>
]> hi
]>
]

From: Christopher R. Barry
Deepak Goel <·····@Glue.umd.edu> writes:

> But I am just a very very ordinary user with no root permissions to do
> such a thing...!

Why don't you _read_ the documentation that came with your Lisp???
Allegro will look for ~/.clinit.cl and CMU CL will look for
~/.cmucl-init.lisp.

Christopher

From: Paolo Amoroso
On Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:40:31 GMT, ······@2xtreme.net (Christopher R. Barry)
wrote:

> Allegro will look for ~/.clinit.cl and CMU CL will look for
> ~/.cmucl-init.lisp.

And CLISP for ~/.clisprc.

Paolo